22. The Prime Minister, together with his wife, cordially greets the press. Here is the article to end all articles of the Asubject verb agreement: 20 rules of the subject verb agreement. Students will be able to take quizs after quizs by learning these rules ace. Once your students have a firm understanding of themes, preachers and objects, they are well prepared to develop complex masterful sentences. 8. Man with all the birds (live, live) on my way. We could hardly exist in a world where subjects and verbs live in harmony. None of our sentences would make sense. But with a firm understanding of the theme verb chord, students can write a variety of different types of phrases. This quiz deals with subjects composed with a singular and a plural or pronounso noun as well as complex sentences. It`s a fun quiz, because it also covers special names that can be confusing, like collective nouns and names that end with an « s » but remain singular.
15. Mathematics (is, are) John`s favorite subject, while Civics (is) Andreas the preferred subject. The answers follow our PDF worksheet below, which you can download and print for your students. If you are looking for a quiz in the technical verb agreement, we have two for you here. The first set of questions is simple and includes simple themes and composed with individual subtantifs or pronouns and verbs that must correspond according to whether they are singular or plural. The second quiz deals with composite themes, complex phrases and specific names that adopt individual verbs. These verb-theme chord exercises with answers cover simple themes as well as compound themes that use « and » or « or » to connect individual themes. A. Route: Select the right verb in these sentences. Choose the correct form of the verb that matches the theme. The director, with all the actors, works very hard.
9. The film, including all previews, (take, takes) about two hours to see. Try it now, or download the quiz PDFs and print them out for later. . 2. Either my mother or my father (east, are) come to the assembly. 10. Players, as well as the captain, (wants, wants) to win. You can be configured for success by making sure you`ve covered different types of subtantives first.
4. Either my shoes or your coat (is, are) always on the floor. 23. All CDs, even scratched, (are) in this case. 7. One of my sisters (east, are) on a trip to France. 16. Eight dollars (is, is) the price of a movie these days.
21. Committee members (management, management) have very different lives in the private sector. . 5. George and Tamara (no, no) want to see this film. And no matter how class programs change, we`re still big supporters of sentence diagrams. With this classic but powerful tool, your students are experienced for success. B. Route: Decide whether the sentence is right or wrong. . 19.
There were fifteen candies in that bag. Now there`s only one left! 20. The Committee (debate, debate) has carefully addressed these issues.